The Home Portrait Studio, Toronto, 30 April 2017
Set Up Your Own Home Portrait Studio - 30 April 2017, Toronto
30 April 2017, 12 noon–4pm
CSI, Daniel Spectrum Building,
585 Dundas St East,
Have you always wanted to learn how to successfully shoot portraits in a studio of your own, like a pro? Using small, inexpensive flash equipment?
Good news: it is easier than you might think. Michael Willems, who has taught his flash and other courses all over the world, is once again coming to downtown Toronto, saving you the trip to Brantford (or London, Las Vegas, Amsterdam, or any of the other places he teaches).
This intensive half day course includes:
- What you need
- Doing it on a budget
- Flash Theory—Basics and Applied
- Off-camera flash using radio triggers-or optical or hybrid triggering.
- Portrait Must-Knows and Must-Avoids.
- Hands On: Using light stands, umbrellas, radio triggers, and other equipment.
- Hands On: Using the Modifiers: snoot, grid, reflector, softbox, umbrella, gobo.
- Hands On: Some common headshot lighting schemes.
- Hands Off: Working with a model :-)
Model and MUA will be supplied. Lunch snacks are also supplied.
NEW: The course price also includes the "Portrait Photography" e-book!
This course is for anyone with a DSLR who is interested in using small flash photography for professional portrait results. You do not need to be a pro. You are not required to bring anything except your camera (feel free to bring flashes, triggers, etc, but it is not necessary). Your camera needs to have a regular hotshoe on the top, for mounting radio triggers (i.e. older Sony models will not work).
If you do not yet know the ins and outs of aperture, shutter speed and ISO, please download this excerpt (click here) and read it before the course. That is all you need!
An 8 Student Limit is strictly enforced.
Sign up today while there is space!