Quantum Shift in Training June 21 2014, 0 Comments
This site, and my teaching, represent a quantum shift in photography training.
Instead of learning photography via mail order, which is distant and ineffective, or a college course, which takes forever and teaches irrelevant stuff, or training by a retailer, which is aimed just at selling you stuff and is taught by junior staff(1), there is now the Michael Willems Way.
The Michael Willems Way of Learning Photography is represented by THE TEN ADVANTAGES:
- Taught by an accomplished, award-winning working pro, not by junior staff.
- But also: taught by one of the best teachers on the continent. I was born to teach. I teach here and at Ontario's Sheridan College, have taught courses on behalf of Canon Canada, and have taught worldwide.
- I am so certain that you will love my courses that I give an unconditional money-back guarantee: after the course, if you are not delighted, I refund your fee. (Hint: it has never yet happened).
- Courses are constantly updated. "No bureaucracy" guarantees quick response times when things evolve in the industry—as they always do.
- The teacher is the writer. So you always get it directly from the horse's mouth, so to speak.
- The courses tie right into the books: they totally support each other!
- Small classes: Classes booked at your initiative never have more than 6 people.
- Knowledge: I shoot with all makes of camera, and know all brands. Try to find a camera I cannot work out in minutes, I challenge you!
- Classes can be part of an custom-designed longer course. I can put together a four-week course for you, or a six-week course, or a 12-week course, or any other course duration you'd like.
- Here's the kicker: taught when you want, at your convenience, not ours. My courses are seldom pre-planned. Instead, you choose when you'd like, 24/7/365, and you either get individual coaching for a price much lower than it would normally be, or you find a few friends and do it together, you each pay a smaller amount than you'd expect to pay anywhere, and you still have tiny, individualized classes!
As an example of the last point, take a look at Landscape Photography, the all-new new course. It costs:
- One on one: $199 (2.5 hours)
- 2–3 people: $129 p.p. (2.5–3 hours)
- 4+ People: $99 p.p. (3 hours)
So—give me a call, or book a course here right now. As soon as you have made payment, email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) some suggested dates, and I will respond with the ones I am available for. You then pick out of those. As soon as that is done, I will send you instructions, directions, prep work, and so on.
(1) My Vistek courses are an exception: I control the syllabus, and Vistek have not tried in any way to influence what or how I teach.